Kotetsu1442

Go down

Kotetsu1442 Empty Kotetsu1442

Post  Kotetsu1442 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Howdy folks, I'm Kotetsu but John is my human name. I'm one of those guys who's always been pretty weird but has enough social skills and wit to make it endearing rather than creepy.

From what I've figured out my job is to go into an office and read forums and e-books, play flash game and basically look up anything that's interesting to me. Occasionally people hand me their work, at which point I get to examine it and tell them everything that they did wrong, where they have to go to look up what they need to know so that I don't have to and who they should have been working with all along to have ensured that they never made the mistake; as long as I do this well enough and manage to understand other people's jobs and roles within the team better than they do I am apparently justified in pursuing my own interests as much as I like. It helps that I look just as intent on my interests as I am with work (if not more so); for example while playing Dream World you will frequently see me click on a few things, then jot down some notes and numbers to myself, occasionally pulling out a calculator and crunching some numbers: what is actually an effort to figure out various systems in the game appears to a whole lot of onlookers to be intent work on something very important.

In my free time I engage in various hobbies, in the summer I'm big on hiking and camping, in winter I'm skiing just about every weekend. I do a lot of reading, mostly sci-fi and fantasy (I know, I'm a nerd, I thought I made that clear in the last two paragraphs). I enjoy cooking a lot, but only cook familiar dishes when I'm craving them very specifically, as often as possible I'm trying something I've either never made before or have made before but I'm certain that if I ignore the recipe and change what I feel like I can do it better. This often leads to unexpected mistakes but these can always be turned into something positive and amazing, I never have to throw away something I make even if what I end up making is not at all what I set out to make. For example, a few changes to a chocolate cake recipe to see if I could make it extra moist and chewy ended up more elastic than one typically likes their cake, but after playing with it a little it became the best batch of cake pops I have ever made (if you've never tried cake pops, google any recipe for them that sounds half decent and try it, it's easy and fun and just goes to show you that almost any food is better by putting it on a stick).

A couple of days ago I had my baby brother (who is 12 and would be horrified if he knew I still refer to him as my baby brother when he's not around) over for dinner, I made a Singaporean soup called bak kut teh and he eyeballed the odd list of ingredients skeptically while I made him put them back in the cupboard, but even though he's known for his tiny appetite, after he finished the dish he looked at me with the most serious and stern expression he could muster and said with humor quite clever for his age "Don't ever make this again, I can't stand the stuff." He as he went to fill his bowl the third time he mumbled "Almost as bad as the time you made the caramel apple cheesecake and I had to eat the whole thing to make sure no one else had to suffer through it."

Now I realize that this is an unusual "Who are you" thread, but I think that you tend to get to know someone better by having them tell a story about themselves rather than than list things. For example, rather than just saying "I like to cook" and leaving it at that I hope that one gets a fairly good mental image of the attitude I approach all sorts of things in life with (you can also see that I tend to be quite verbose, but looking back over what I've written so far where other people see useless extra information I see added details that are necessary to understand the whole picture and I think that says something about me as well). That being said, I consider myself above most other things to be a student of human nature, the only thing much more fascinating than picking apart machines and systems and figuring out how they work is to study people, who both as individuals and as a race are far too inscrutable to ever understand the nature of fully but are much more fulfilling to get the slightest glimpse into the nature of.

...Stepping down from my soap box and ending the lecture that isn't nearly as interesting to everyone else as it is to me, I'll conclude by saying that I'm in our guild for a little more than an exp boost. I enjoy getting to know folks even through as limited a medium as electronic text communication and enjoy teamwork even though the multilayer aspect of this game doesn't allow a lot of direct group collaboration. That being the case, I'd like to help in the best way that can be done in this game, but sharing information, thoughts and ideas as much as possible, so feel free to hit me up with questions about things I may know, theories I might be able to confirm or ideas about how we can improve our experience together as a guild.
Kotetsu1442
Kotetsu1442
Nightwalker
Nightwalker

Back to top Go down

Kotetsu1442 Empty Re: Kotetsu1442

Post  salty_text on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:18 pm

after an hour of reading i got to about the third page. :p
salty_text
salty_text
Spaminator
Spaminator

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet19 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:53 pm

Only because you're illiterate Razz Kotetsu, you think I could get a bound copy of that story in the near future please?

Prophet19
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  salty_text on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:23 pm

now that i actually read this (lol) i cant believe i read this. (even more lol)
salty_text
salty_text
Spaminator
Spaminator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kotetsu1442 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:38 am

Prophet19 wrote:Only because you're illiterate Razz Kotetsu, you think I could get a bound copy of that story in the near future please?

Yeah, actually the Special Extended addition is coming out in Hardback in March.
Kotetsu1442
Kotetsu1442
Nightwalker
Nightwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet19 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:42 am

Can I get the cliffs notes please?

Prophet19
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down